National Youth Day 2017: Pre-NYD

Photo by: Share the Best Zambo 2017 FB Page | Edited by: Feleesa DP

Hi guys! So this is my first ever blog and I wanted it to be meaningful and something that I'm so blessed to have been a part of.

National Youth Day 2017. What is it? 
Well, For me, it was one the best experiences I ever had in my life. An event where you become closer to yourself, to others and to the community without people judging you. A place where you become closer to the one from above. I'll talk more about it in another blog post. As for where this event was held in, It was held in Zamboanga City, Philippines on November 6-10, 2017. The next one will be held in Cebu City.

A short story on how I actually volunteered to become a facilitator for NYD is that initially I thought that the event was similar to the Leadership Training we usually had when I was in Junior High, so I was so hyped to volunteer cause I missed being a facilitator and when I already registered and everything was good and set then when I realized what I actually signed up for. Honestly, I was never a religious kind of person and when I realized what NYD was actually was for, thoughts of quitting came to mind but those thoughts never really lingered in my mind. I was still hyped to join and volunteer. I was so scared to actually join because I thought I needed to be religious to be able to facilitate but that wasn't the case. There were many times that obstacles were placed in front of me so I wouldn't be able to go to the orientations needed for me to become a facilitator but I always found ways to overcome them and if it meant me going alone with strangers then so be it. 

Nevertheless, I am thankful and blessed that I never gave up and stuck with my decision till the very end. I'll make another blog post on what it felt being a facilitator and the struggles I actually faced in the process. I'm going to make like a whole series on NYD since it was so memorable and I want to be able to remember everything while it is still somewhat fresh in my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story of How I Fell in love with my Best friend

WHAT I GOT FROM MY 18TH BIRTHDAY!!! 💕💕

IPON CHALLENGE: 20K EDITION